According to a popular internet hosting company, there are lots of benefits and relatively few cons regarding cloud hosting.
What is cloud hosting?
In essence, cloud hosting is taking a bunch of physical and technical tasks and breaking it down in such a way that multiple machines, called a VPS collaborate to accomplish the tasks of hosting.
Using multiple VPS machines, managed cloud hosting is not only incredibly reliable, but is the cheapest way to go for hosting.
The benefits include:
- Flexible pricing
- With most hosting services you pay a monthly fee for all the features provided, and sometimes pay extra for some nifty add-ons.
- With cloud hosting, you pay only for the services that you use.
- Quick scaling of servers
- With a traditional host server, you need the host's permission to upgrade or downgrade.
- With a cloud hosting platform, you'll have access to a site management dashboard. Unsatisfied with how your servers are performing? Simply click a couple of buttons and abracadabra, you've got the server power you need.
- Are your servers being underutilized? Scale back instantly.
- Most small and medium-sized businesses have their website hosted on a single server.
- Unfortunately, servers do go down from time to time, and it means your website will go down until the server is fixed. And how long will that be? One hour? Five hours? A day?
- With a cloud hosting service, you have access to redundant servers. Within seconds of your server going down, a copy of your website is loaded and you are ready to rock and roll.
- An extremely high level of uptime and availability
- Cloud services are sometimes spread out on servers located in different parts of the country or even the world.
- As a consequence, not only can you avoid problems of your server going down and then instantly be taken up by a redundant server locally, but it's entirely possible that if there is an electrical brown-out of some kind, that your website can be shifted to servers located in another part of the country
- And if your website suddenly goes viral and temporarily gets 5 to 10 times your normal amount of traffic, you will not lose your website for breaking bandwidth limitations.
- Simply adjust the server load of your website's needs temporarily.
- Cloud services are extremely easy to set up and when you migrate to the cloud, your IT manager will find it very easy to get you up and running.
- Safety from local hardware issues
- As we've already indicated, with the cloud you are isulated from localized hardware failure issues.
- Regardless of the problem, whether it be a single server going down or a major server failure system such as an electrical fire, the clound's reduncacy protetects you from marely local issues.
Faster website speed and performance
- Speed and performance are really important. The vast majority of your customers will click off your site if it fails to load in two or three seconds.
- Those using cloud hosting services experience blazing fast speeds.
- By far the biggest advantage of clound hosting is its scalability.
- The plain fact is that many websites suffer from scalability problems. They have a lot of traffic for two months or so, then take a backseat, and then out of the blue they are popular again.
- Websites such as this have a tough time getting the best value from locally hosted sites. With the cloud however, you have the option to scale your server service up or down in moments.
Simple server management
- Perhaps 10 years ago, if you wanted to be with a clound hosting service, you needed a dedicated IT guy to manage most tasks. Not any more.
- With a server dashboard, any responsible person within the company can manage to accomplish most server changes with the easy to use dashboard.
How does cloud hosting work?
In a traditional hosting situation, a clients data will be hosted on a single server, often sharing the space on the server with several other companies hosting their websites.
With cloud hosting, the tasks of a single server are broken down into managed segments by as many as 50 or 100 different virtual servers. All tasks are then collaborated together to produce a single reusult, one that is both faster, more secure, and the cheapest.
What is Wordpress cloud hosting?
In order to understand, first we must define Wordpress hosting, and in a nutshell, this is hosting that takes advantages of various resource offered by Wordpress. You can read more about Wordpress hosting here: https://wpcrux.com/blog/best-web-hosting-for-wordpress-sites.
With that said, Wordpress cloud hosting takes advantages of the same extra resources but breaks these resources into smaller chunks hosted on multiple virtual machines to produce a faster, cheaper, more stable result.