To put a background behind a picture in Photoshop, follow these steps:
- Open Photoshop and open your image by going to File > Open.
- Now, create a new layer by clicking on the "New Layer" button at the bottom of the Layers panel.
- Select the new layer and choose the color you want for the background by clicking on the foreground color swatch in the toolbar. A color picker window will appear, allowing you to choose a desired color.
- With the new layer selected and the desired color chosen, use the Paint Bucket tool from the toolbar to fill the new layer with the selected color.
- Next, drag the image layer above the background layer in the Layers panel to position it correctly.
- Resize or adjust the image layer, if needed, using the Transform tool. This tool can be accessed by pressing Ctrl+T (Windows) or Command+T (Mac) or by going to Edit > Transform.
- Once you are satisfied with the placement of your image, you may add a layer mask to the image layer if necessary. A layer mask will allow you to selectively hide or reveal parts of the image, blending it into the background more smoothly.
- To add a layer mask, click on the "Add Layer Mask" button at the bottom of the Layers panel. This will add a white layer mask thumbnail next to the image layer.
- You can then use the Brush tool and paint with black on the layer mask to hide parts of the image that you want to blend into the background.
- Finally, save your edited image by going to File > Save As and choose the desired file format.
Remember, these steps are general guidelines, and depending on your exact requirements and Photoshop version, the steps may slightly vary.
Best Adobe Photoshop Design Books to Read in 2023
Rating is 5 out of 5
Adobe Photoshop: A Complete Course and Compendium of Features (Course and Compendium, 2)
Rating is 4.7 out of 5
Adobe Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers, The (Voices That Matter)
Rating is 4.5 out of 5
Adobe Lightroom 5 Software Tutorial and Adobe Photoshop CS6 Training on 5 DVDs
Rating is 4.4 out of 5
Photoshop Elements 2022 For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
Rating is 4.3 out of 5
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic Classroom in a Book (2023 release)
Rating is 4.2 out of 5
Mastering Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023: Bring out the best in your images using Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023, 5th Edition
Rating is 4.1 out of 5
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP 2023: Beginners and Advanced Guide to Master all Adobe Photoshop 2023 Features, Layers, Coloring, Lettering, Selection Tools, Masking, ... Aid of Practical Exercises + Tips and Tricks