Deactivating an Instagram professional account is a fairly straightforward process. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and log in to your professional account.
- Go to your profile page by tapping on the profile icon located at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner to open the menu.
- From the menu, scroll down and tap on "Settings".
- In the settings page, scroll down and tap on "Account".
- Under the Account section, tap on "Delete Account".
- Instagram will provide some information about what happens when you deactivate your account, such as losing access to your photos, followers, and comments. Read through this information.
- If you still want to proceed with deactivating the account, tap on "Continue".
- Instagram will then ask you to select a reason behind your decision to deactivate the account. Choose an appropriate reason from the given options.
- After selecting a reason, you will need to enter your account password to confirm the deactivation.
- Once you have entered your password, tap on the "Permanently Delete Account" button.
- A confirmation popup will appear, indicating that your account has been deactivated.
Please note that deactivating your account is not the same as permanently deleting it. If you wish to permanently delete your account, you can follow similar steps, but instead of selecting "Delete Account", choose "Permanently Delete Account" after entering the password.
Keep in mind that deactivation or deletion of your Instagram professional account cannot be undone, so it's essential to consider it carefully before proceeding.
How to transfer ownership of an Instagram business account before deactivation?
To transfer ownership of an Instagram business account before deactivation, you need to follow these steps:
- Access the Instagram app: Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and log in to the account you want to transfer.
- Go to the account settings: Tap on your profile picture at the bottom right corner to go to your account profile. Then tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner to open the menu. From the menu, select "Settings."
- Switch to a personal account (if needed): If your account is currently a business account, you might need to switch it back to a personal account before transferring ownership. To do this, go to "Account" in the settings, select "Switch to Personal Account," and follow the prompts.
- Invite the new owner: After switching to a personal account (if necessary), go back to the account settings, scroll down, and select "Add account" under the "Logins" section. Enter the login information of the person you want to transfer the account to and tap "Next."
- Confirm the transfer: Once you've entered the login information of the new owner, they will receive an invitation to take ownership of the account. The new owner needs to accept the invitation, log in to their account, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the transfer.
Important Note: It's vital to communicate and coordinate with the new owner beforehand to ensure they accept the account transfer invitation and take control smoothly.
What happens to my Instagram followers when I deactivate my professional account?
When you deactivate your Instagram professional account, your followers will still be able to see your profile, but they won't be able to interact with it. This means they won't be able to like, comment, or send you direct messages during the deactivation period. However, Instagram retains your account and its data, so if you reactivate your account, your followers will still be there and will be able to interact with your profile again.
Can I still access my Instagram Insights after deactivating my business account?
No, once you deactivate your business account on Instagram, you will lose access to your Insights. Deactivating your account removes all data, including your followers, posts, and analytics. If you reactivate your business account in the future, you will start from scratch and won't have access to any previous Insights.
How to contact Instagram support for assistance during the deactivation process?
To contact Instagram support for assistance during the deactivation process, you can follow these steps:
- Use a web browser to go to Instagram's Help Centre: https://help.instagram.com/
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Help Center" or "Support."
- On the next page, click on the "Privacy and Safety Center" link.
- You may be required to log in to your Instagram account to proceed further.
- Once logged in, you will find a list of topics related to privacy and safety.
- Scroll down and click on the "Managing Your Account" section.
- You will see various topics related to managing your Instagram account, such as "Deleting Your Account" or "Deactivating Your Account."
- Choose the relevant topic based on your situation (deactivating your account).
- In the chosen topic, you will find some frequently asked questions. If your specific question is addressed, you can click on it for more information.
- If you can't find the answer you're looking for, scroll to the bottom and click on the "Need More Help?" link.
- You will be presented with options to report a problem or contact Instagram for assistance.
- Click on the appropriate option to proceed.
- On the next page, you may have to select the nature of your issue, like "Can't log in" or "General help."
- After selecting the relevant issue, you will be provided with different contact options, such as initiating an email conversation or requesting a phone call.
- Choose the contact option that suits you best and follow the instructions provided.
Keep in mind that Instagram's support response time may vary. It's important to provide all the necessary details and be patient while waiting for a response.