To display a Google Analytics report on a website, you need to follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account using your Google credentials.
- Once logged in, select the website for which you want to display the report by clicking on the appropriate account and property.
- In the left-hand menu, click on the "Customization" tab and then select "Dashboards."
- Click on the "+ New Dashboard" button to create a new dashboard.
- Choose between a blank canvas or a starter dashboard template based on your preference.
- If you choose a blank canvas, click on the "+ Add Widget" button to start adding specific widgets to your dashboard.
- Select the type of widget you want to add, such as a metric, timeline, or table.
- Configure the widget by selecting the desired dimensions and metrics related to your website data.
- Customize the appearance of the widget, including its title, size, and style.
- Repeat steps 6 to 9 to add more widgets to your dashboard.
- Once you have added all the desired widgets, click on the "Save" button to save your dashboard.
- Name your dashboard and choose whether to keep it private or make it shareable with others.
- After saving, click on the "Share" button to get the embed code for your dashboard.
- Copy the provided HTML code and paste it into the desired webpage's source code where you want to display your Google Analytics report.
- Save the changes to your webpage and test the display to ensure that the Google Analytics report is appearing correctly.
By following these steps, you can easily display a Google Analytics report on your website, allowing you to track and analyze your website's performance directly from your site.
Can I display historical data from Google Analytics on my website?
Yes, it is possible to display historical data from Google Analytics on your website. You can do this by accessing the Google Analytics API and pulling the desired data for display. The API allows you to retrieve a wide range of historical data, including metrics such as pageviews, visitors, bounce rate, and more. Once you have retrieved the data using the API, you can format and display it on your website as per your requirements.
Are there any cost implications for displaying Google Analytics reports on a website?
No, displaying Google Analytics reports on a website does not have any cost implications. Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool provided by Google, and it allows you to track and analyze website traffic and user behavior. As long as you have a Google Analytics account and have implemented the tracking code on your website, you can display the reports and data generated by Google Analytics without incurring any additional costs.
Can I display Google Analytics reports on a password-protected or private website?
Yes, you can display Google Analytics reports on a password-protected or private website. To do this, you will need to set up access controls on your website to restrict access to authorized users only. Once the website is password-protected or private, you can embed Google Analytics tracking code and access the reports like you would on any other website. Only users with the necessary credentials or access permissions will be able to view the reports.