To edit a story on Instagram after posting, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Tap on your profile picture or swipe right from your feed to access your stories.
- Locate the story you want to edit and tap on your profile picture to open it.
- Once the story is open, you will see various icons and options at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the three dots icon (more options) located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- From the pop-up menu, select the "Edit" option.
- Now, you can make changes to your story. You have the option to edit the text, add stickers, drawings, or even remove elements.
- After making the desired changes, tap on the "Done" or "Save" button to save your edits.
- Your story will be updated with the edited version, and the changes will be visible to your followers.
It's important to note that not all elements of a story can be edited after posting. For instance, you cannot change the dimensions or duration of a video, but you can add or remove elements within the same time frame. Additionally, keep in mind that only the most recent story can be edited; older stories cannot be modified.
What is the "Boomerang" effect in Instagram stories?
The "Boomerang" effect in Instagram stories is a feature that allows users to create short, looping videos. When applied, it records a few seconds of video and plays it forward and backward in a continuous loop. This creates a captivating effect, making the subjects in the video appear as if they are moving back and forth. It is a popular and fun way to add dynamic content to Instagram stories.
How to rearrange the order of Instagram stories?
To rearrange the order of Instagram stories, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and navigate to your profile by tapping on the profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- At the top of your profile, below your bio section, you will see your Instagram story highlights (if any) and a row of profile pictures representing your current Instagram stories.
- Tap on your profile picture to view your current stories.
- Once you're in the story view, you will see your existing stories stacked in chronological order from left to right. To rearrange them, tap and hold on a story that you want to move.
- As you hold the story, you can drag it left or right to change its position in the story line.
- Drag the story to your desired position. While doing so, you will see a gray line appearing between the stories, indicating where the moved story will be placed. Release your finger to drop the story at that point.
- Continue the process of dragging and dropping other stories until you have rearranged them as desired.
- Once you have finished rearranging the stories, tap the 'Done' button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Your Instagram stories will now be rearranged in the new order you set.
Keep in mind that this order will only affect the order in which your stories are displayed to your followers. The chronological order in which you posted the stories will still be visible in the "Archive" section of your profile.
What is the "Swipe Up" feature in Instagram stories?
The "Swipe Up" feature in Instagram stories allows users with a verified account or a business account with 10,000 or more followers to add a link to their story. This link can direct viewers to an external website, blog, product page, or any other desired destination. Instead of simply tapping on the story, viewers can swipe up on the screen to access the linked content. The Swipe Up feature is usually used to drive traffic, promote products, share articles, or provide additional information to the audience.
How to create a swipeable panorama in an Instagram story?
To create a swipeable panorama in an Instagram story, you can follow these steps:
- Capture multiple photos of the panorama you want to share. Make sure there is some overlap between each photo.
- Open your Instagram app and open the camera by tapping on the '+' icon on the top left corner of the home feed or by swiping right.
- Swipe right on the bottom options until you reach the "TYPE" option and tap on it.
- Type any text or symbol on the screen and tap on the "Aa" icon on the top right corner to enlarge the text or symbol.
- Tap on the "pen" icon at the top-right corner of the screen and select a color that matches your text or symbol.
- Next, tap and hold anywhere on the screen for a few seconds. This will prevent the message from disappearing after 24 hours.
- Now swipe up on the screen to access your camera roll and select the first photo of your panorama.
- Rotate, resize, and position the photo so that it fits within the screen. You can use two fingers to pinch and zoom or rotate the image.
- Tap on the sticker icon at the top of the screen (square with a smiley face) and select the "GIF" option.
- In the search bar at the top, type "swipe" or "panorama" to find relevant GIFs that indicate to the viewers that they need to swipe.
- Select an appropriate GIF and position it at the end of the photo to give users a visual cue to swipe.
- Tap on the checkmark icon to confirm the changes and proceed to the next step.
- Swipe right or left on the screen to access your camera roll again and select the next photo of your panorama.
- Repeat steps 8 to 12 for all the remaining photos, making sure to add the swipe indication GIF at the end of each photo.
- Once you have added all the photos, you can preview your swipeable panorama by swiping left or right within the story.
- If everything looks good, you can tap on the "Your Story" button at the bottom left corner to share your swipeable panorama with your followers.
That's it! Your followers will now be able to swipe left or right to view the entire panorama in your Instagram story.
What is the difference between a story and a post on Instagram?
The main difference between a story and a post on Instagram lies in their format, visibility, and duration:
- Format: A post on Instagram refers to a single image, video, or carousel that is uploaded onto an Instagram user's grid. Posts can include captions, hashtags, and location tags. On the other hand, Instagram stories are composed of a series of photos, videos, or boomerangs that are displayed in a slideshow format, with each slide lasting up to 15 seconds.
- Visibility: Posts on Instagram are permanently displayed on a user's profile grid unless manually deleted. They can be viewed by anyone who visits the user's profile or is following their account. Stories, on the other hand, are visible only for a limited time and are displayed at the top of the user's followers' feed for 24 hours before they disappear. However, users often have the option to save their stories as highlights on their profile, extending their visibility beyond the initial 24 hours.
- Duration: Instagram posts have no time restrictions and remain on the user's profile indefinitely, unless removed. Stories, on the other hand, are temporary and automatically disappear after 24 hours. However, users can also choose to delete a story before its 24-hour expiration if they wish.
In summary, posts on Instagram are permanent, single images or videos that remain on a user's profile grid, while stories are temporary slideshows that are displayed for 24 hours at the top of followers' feeds.