Deploying Ghost on DigitalOcean is a relatively straightforward process that can be done quickly. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you deploy Ghost on DigitalOcean:
- Sign up for a DigitalOcean account and create a new droplet. Choose a droplet with your preferred specifications such as the operating system, CPU, RAM, and storage.
- Once your droplet is created, connect to it using SSH. You can use tools like PuTTY (Windows) or the terminal application (Linux/Mac) to establish an SSH connection.
- Update the server's package list by running the command: sudo apt update
- Install Node.js and other required dependencies by running the following command: sudo apt install curl && curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_14.x | sudo -E bash - && sudo apt install -y nodejs && sudo apt-get install -y build-essential
- Create a new directory for your Ghost installation by executing: sudo mkdir -p /var/www/ghost
- Change the ownership of the directory to the current user by running: sudo chown $USER:$USER /var/www/ghost
- Move to the newly created directory: cd /var/www/ghost
- Download the latest version of Ghost using the following command: curl -L https://ghost.org/zip/ghost-latest.zip -o ghost.zip
- Unzip the downloaded zip file: unzip ghost.zip
- Remove the zip file: rm -f ghost.zip
- Install Ghost's dependencies by executing: npm install --production
- Finally, start Ghost using the command: npm start --production
Ghost should now be successfully deployed on your DigitalOcean droplet. You can access your Ghost site by entering your droplet's IP address in your web browser. After the initial setup, you can configure Ghost further, install themes, and start publishing your content.
What is the simplest way to deploy Ghost on DigitalOcean?
The simplest way to deploy Ghost on DigitalOcean is to use the one-click application image provided by DigitalOcean. Here are the steps to follow:
- Sign in to your DigitalOcean account and click on "Create" to start creating a new droplet.
- In the "Choose an image" section, select "Marketplace" and search for "Ghost". Click on the Ghost application image that appears.
- Choose the droplet size and datacenter region that suits your needs.
- Under the "Choose a hostname" section, you can leave the default hostname or add your own.
- Finally, choose additional options like SSH keys, backups, and monitoring as per your preferences.
- Click on "Create Droplet" to start the deployment process.
DigitalOcean will provision a new droplet with Ghost pre-installed and configured, ready to use. Once the droplet is created, you can access your Ghost blog by visiting the assigned IP address or hostname in a web browser.
How to seamlessly deploy Ghost on DigitalOcean?
To seamlessly deploy Ghost on DigitalOcean, follow these steps:
- Sign up for a DigitalOcean account and create a new Droplet. Choose a Droplet size based on your website's expected traffic.
- Choose your preferred region for the Droplet.
- Select an operating system, preferably Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
- Under "Add your SSH keys," add your public SSH key or manually create a new one.
- Choose a hostname for your Droplet.
- Click on "Create Droplet" to generate the Droplet.
- Once the Droplet is created, you will receive an email with your Droplet's IP address and root password.
- Access your Droplet using SSH. On Mac/Linux, use the Terminal application; on Windows, use a tool like PuTTY. ssh root@
- After logging in, make sure your system is up to date: apt update apt upgrade
- Install Node.js and npm: curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_14.x | sudo -E bash - apt install -y nodejs
- Install Ghost-CLI: npm install -g ghost-cli@latest
- Create a new directory for your Ghost installation and navigate into it: mkdir ~/ghost cd ~/ghost
- Install Ghost using the Ghost-CLI: ghost install
- Follow the prompts to set up your Ghost installation, including setting up the desired URL, creating an admin user, and configuring your database.
- After the installation completes, you can access your Ghost site by visiting the URL you specified during setup.
- (Optional) Set up SSL for your Ghost site using Let's Encrypt: ghost setup ssl
- Follow the prompts to set up SSL using Let's Encrypt.
- Your Ghost site is now seamlessly deployed on DigitalOcean. You can customize the theme, install additional plugins, and start publishing your content.
Note: It is recommended to configure a firewall, secure SSH, and use a domain name with DNS records for production use.
How to quickly provision a Ghost instance on DigitalOcean?
To quickly provision a Ghost instance on DigitalOcean, you can follow these steps:
- Sign up for a DigitalOcean account if you don't have one already.
- Log in to your DigitalOcean account and click on the "Create" button to create a new Droplet (Virtual Machine).
- In the "Choose an image" section, click on "Marketplace" and search for "Ghost".
- Select the "Ghost on Ubuntu 18.04" image from the results.
- Choose a Droplet plan that fits your requirements. You can start with the basic plan and scale up later if needed.
- Choose a datacenter region that is closest to your target audience or location.
- Enable additional options if required, such as backups, monitoring, or VPC networking.
- Add any SSH keys you want to use for remote access and authentication.
- Enter a hostname for your Droplet, or leave it blank to generate a random hostname.
- Click on the "Create Droplet" button to provision your Ghost instance.
Once the Droplet is created, you will receive an email with the IP address and login credentials. You can use a tool like PuTTY (Windows) or Terminal (Mac/Linux) to connect to your Droplet via SSH.
After connecting to the Droplet, you can follow the official Ghost documentation to complete the setup and configuration. This usually involves setting up a domain name, configuring SSL certificates, and customizing your Ghost site.
How to get a Ghost instance running on DigitalOcean in minutes?
To get a Ghost instance running on DigitalOcean in minutes, follow these steps:
- Sign up for a DigitalOcean account if you don't already have one.
- Log in to your DigitalOcean account and navigate to the Droplets tab.
- Click on the "Create" button and select "Droplets" from the dropdown menu.
- Choose a Ghost application image from the Marketplace section. Ghost comes preconfigured as a one-click application on DigitalOcean.
- Select a Droplet plan based on your requirements. You can choose a plan starting from the basic tier, and you can also scale up as your needs grow.
- Choose a datacenter region that is geographically closest to your target audience.
- Choose any additional options and features that you may need, such as backups or monitoring. These are optional but can be helpful for securing and monitoring your Ghost instance.
- Specify the number of Droplets you want to create. By default, only 1 Droplet is created.
- Choose an authentication method for accessing your Droplet. You can choose to use SSH keys for added security.
- Give your Droplet a hostname or leave it as the default.
- Click the "Create Droplet" button at the bottom of the page to start the provisioning process.
- Wait for a few minutes while DigitalOcean sets up your Ghost instance. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email with the root password and login instructions.
- Connect to your Droplet using SSH or the console provided by DigitalOcean.
- Follow the post-installation instructions provided by the Ghost application to complete the setup of your Ghost instance.
- Once the setup is complete, you can access your Ghost instance by entering the Droplet's IP address in your web browser.
Congratulations! You now have a Ghost instance running on DigitalOcean.
How to expedite the deployment of Ghost on DigitalOcean?
To expedite the deployment of Ghost on DigitalOcean, you can follow these steps:
- Create a DigitalOcean account: Sign up for a DigitalOcean account, if you haven't already. You can also use an existing account if you have one.
- Create a Droplet: Once logged in, click on the "Create" button and select "Droplets" from the dropdown menu. Choose your desired configuration for the Droplet, including the size, location, and operating system. Select a Linux distribution like Ubuntu that is compatible with Ghost.
- Configure SSH access: On the Droplet creation page, you'll have the option to add your SSH keys for easier access. If you haven't set up SSH keys, you can choose to use a password instead.
- Deploy Ghost using One-Click App: After creating the Droplet, navigate to the "Marketplace" tab and search for "Ghost" in the search bar. Choose the Ghost application by clicking on it, then click on the "Create Ghost Droplet" button.
- Configure Ghost: Once the Droplet is created, you'll receive an email with the Droplet's IP address. Use an SSH client like PuTTY (Windows) or Terminal (Mac/Linux) to connect to the Droplet. Use the IP address and your SSH credentials to log in.
- Install Ghost: Follow the official Ghost documentation to install Ghost on your Droplet. Run the necessary commands to download and install Ghost, and configure it according to your preferences.
- Set up domain and SSL: If you have a domain, you can point it to your Droplet's IP address. You can follow DigitalOcean's documentation to set up a domain and configure DNS records accordingly. Additionally, you can enable SSL for your Ghost site using Let's Encrypt or other SSL certificates.
- Launch Ghost: Once everything is set up, start Ghost using the required command. This will launch the Ghost service, and you should be able to access your site by navigating to your domain in a web browser.
By following these steps, you can expedite the deployment of Ghost on DigitalOcean and get your website up and running quickly.